- Use the tools we offer! On this website, we have downloadable flyers, email templates, and more to help you be successful in raising awareness of this amazing cause
- TALK ABOUT DM. We know you can’t use the same spiel over and over to the same people, but talk about Seattle Children’s, about trying to fundraise, meeting with your team, looking forward to the event…make it a habit to talk about DM.
- Explain DM. If people haven’t heard about DM, explain it! Take a look at the language on our general information flyers or our website here to see what an elevator speech might look like. This cause is about kids, and it really is amazing and worth donating to.
- Post about it on Facebook. Some people make an event and invite people!
- Show off your swag! Wear your DM t-shirt, pick up your sticker from STCN 350, or print a flyer (or pick one up from STCN 350) for your door.
- Email people.
- Send letters for the less tech-savvy.
- Offer incentives in exchange for donations. Bake cookies, write a poem, make a craft or an artwork, and tell people they can receive this special item in return for a donation. Offer more fundraising videos in exchange for reaching fundraising goals!
- Be persistent. This might be obvious, but lots of people give up after someone tells them no. Keep asking. Ask them to donate a dollar or some change. Ask them to volunteer. Tell them they can donate to the silent auction, etc.
- Ask Again. Be sure the message is getting out, it's okay to both send an email and post on Facebook.